I always suspected this may be the case (the reason I **NEVER** carry a mobile to protest meetings), but now it is confirmed. Moscow announced that they are to start remotely scanning SIM cards on peoples phones, on the pretext that they will be able find stolen phones. Hmmm, I don’t think so. Now imagine technology like that used here. “Of course it is for your own personal safety”. I might add that in theory, it would be about as easy to remotely detect your smart new credit cards (as it stands they are designed for this sort of. If you think about it, if you can wave your flash new Visa in front of a detector to pay for goods, then it is fair game for remote surveillance. DON’T carry one on your person if you don’t want to be tracked!!).
- Moscow metro to be equipped with devices reading data about passengers’ cell phones (indrus.in)
- Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Phones (textually.org)
- Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Cell Phones. (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Phones (fubnews.wordpress.com)
- Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Phones (rferl.org)