Interesting article from wired demonstrating the power of money from defense contractors. The House in the US just had a vote to cut the power of the NSA, which inevitably was lost. More interesting though, was looking at who voted against, and who’s funding came from the defense industry. No surprises there, but it really does help to connect the dots.
- House Members Voting to Continue NSA’s Dragnet Surveillance Received Twice as Much From Defense Contractors (yubanet.com)
- Military-industrial complex cash influences NSA votes (watchdog.org)
- Lawmakers that voted to uphold NSA spying received double the defense industry cash (slothed.com)
- Folo the Money: House members who opposed NSA clampdown got most $ from defense contractors (sfgate.com)
- Lawmakers Who Upheld NSA Phone Spying Received Double the Defense Industry Cash (blacklistednews.com)